Stop everything you're doing right now and read the most important blog post you may read ever!
Like, ever, in your whole life!
I know I have always wanted to know this and never thought the day would come that I would actually find out that this was possible.
But it is,
really it is!
All your dreams are answered when you read on and find out...
How to Make Unicorn Poop Cookies
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. lemon flavour or 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Disco Dust, Rainbow
- Wilton's Sparkle Gel, white
- Edible Rainbow Glitter
- Multi Coloured Sprinkles
- Food Coloring, Standard & Neon
- Mix together the shortening, sugar, eggs and your choice of flavour in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Separate the dough into many different balls of dough - colour each with a different food colouring and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Take coloured dough balls out of the fridge and roll them into long 'snake' like shapes (be sure to put some extra flour on your bench top to avoid sticking!)
- Cut each 'snake' into shorter lengths and line up several snakes (of different colours) next to each other
- Gently twist and mould into 'poop' shape. Be gentle - they're very delicate!
- Pop into a moderate oven and bake until cooked
- Once out of the oven you can add the fun stuff! If adding pearls you'll need to push these into the cookies before they harden. Otherwise wait until they're cooled and brush over a coating of Wiltons Sparkle Gel (to give that nice 'fresh poop' sheen!) and sprinkle with glitter, stars - the works!