Sunday 8 February 2009

Do the Jane Fonda...


Jane Fonda

Had a gorgeous weekend that has basically consisted of shopping and beach walking. Mariam and I indulged in a bit of vintage scouring, and managed to score some pieces for the upcoming birdmotel Autumn shoots and for myself - more on that later.

Then in Dolly Up on Cleveland, I found myself totally drawn to a photo of Jane Fonda.

And it got me thinking about icons, old and new, and just how much I actually enjoyed my first job as a photo researcher at the celebrity photo agency. Being paid to look at pictures of beautiful people all day was my idea of bliss back then - and well, I had my favourites. Everyone knew that the Kate Moss folder had permanent residence on my desk, and never made it back into the filing cabinet!

So this week, I am going to post about woman whose heyday were in 60s and 70s, and who continue to inspire choices I make about clothing and photography today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We really should have offered that girl a couple hundred bucks for that picture of Jane Fonda. Would have looked great up on the wall in the old motel....
Had such a lovely day. Keep thinking about that blue dress in Coco Repose and that Black Top in Somedayz. Aaand i adore both our Dolly Up scores.
There's a great vintage store in Rozelle i need to take you to before the Autumn shoots. We might find that elusive maxi there and might have to squeeze in a little trip to rozelle markets too! xxxx