Thursday 29 January 2009

Shiny happy or is that unhappy people?

The Youth by MGMT show how much fun sparkle can be!

Every winter 09 range I looked at had something sequinned featured, whether it was just a trim or a full spangly dress. But I guess the old saying ‘once bitten, twice shy’ applies to me as a buyer.


You see last winter I ordered a few sequinned pieces for sale on birdmotel, and no one was interested. Why? I don’t know. Maybe because most of the pieces, even the full on silver sequinned dress by One Teaspoon, was designed for day wear.

Confusing, and honestly, who in their right mind would feel comfortable walking down the street wearing that dress in the middle of the day in Australia, blingin’ away. Not many I’d think, no matter how cool you were.


So again, faced with shiny cardigans, jumpers, dresses, skirts, and harem pants, I said ‘no thanks’.

It will be interesting to watch and see if it is picked up by the masses this time around.


It'll be a shame if it isn't, because a little bit of sparkle can be so much fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Hey I love a bit of razzle dazzle. Sara xo