Sunday 27 April 2008

Mayle...





I just want everything in Jane Mayle's Spring 08 collection!

Having been an admirer of her clothing (and shoes!) since she first launched in the late 90s with her Phare label. I can still remember the small article I read about her in US Harper's back then, and thinking 'wow, she has that sweet mixed with masculine, NY thing, so perfect'.

I just love the cut-outs* in this new range, the slight 70s edge with romantic detailing. I am especially lusting after the black tie-ankle pants...but I don't think the average Aussie girl is brave enough to try this style of pant. Too edgy? What shoes do i wear with them? Maybe because you do need to be tall to pull them off successfully? Pity because I think we'll see a lot of them coming through for next summer, but I probably won't end buying any for birdmotel because no one will buy them.

*The first cream dress pictured reminds me a lot of Milk and Honey's Comet Cut Away Dress.

1 comment:

danica said...

Swoon. The latest Mayle collection is wonderful!