Wednesday 16 May 2007

I *Heart* Nookie


Brooke and Nikki soak in the love...

Congrats to Brooke and Nikita from Nookie, who last night put on an awesome party and show to launch their Summer 2007/08 Collection. The young and the beautiful descended on The Ocean Room at Circular Quay, served by wait staff in cheeky “I *Heart* Nookie” tees.

Of course, even though I did manage to down a couple of alcoholic beverages, I was there for the fashion! Lots of metallic gold and silver in sci-fi shapes strutted out in the form of baby dolls, geo shaped tanks and high waisted micro-mini shirts. Really loved a pinstripe satin jumpsuit and a ruffle front gold and black Lurex mini dress – so sexy and so Nookie. There was also a richer, more sophisticated palette of tans, reds, oranges and navy. Still with a retro feel, but perhaps more 80s in vibe.









The amazing shoes in black, nude, tangerine and aqua worn by the models were supplied by Melissa. Made from flexible rubber, they are called the Ah Heel, and are designed by Alexandre Herchcovitch. What more can I say, other than I am lusting after them and need a pair now!



1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Just came across your blog tonight. Such a great read and gorgeous visuals! I love it!